Would you like to have more readers for your blog? Even those who own micro-blogs are still striving to expand their reader base. If your site is related to a commercial enterprise, such as a start or product page, making the blog part an attraction, not an afterthought, is essential. The good news is, you don’t have to be the world’s greatest writer or the highest ranked expert in your field to create great content for your website. Here are some effective basic techniques that can attract more readers to the content you post.
Mix types of topics
Aim for a mix of evergreen and timely pieces. If you sell carpentry tools, for example, an ever-relevant topic might be something like an article on how to fix a wooden coffee table. One timely item would be a review of the newer battery-powered drill. Consumers respond well to a variety of topics in any niche, especially when they can acquire basic information, from always up-to-date articles, and the latest news from more current content.
Do the right SEO
You can dramatically increase your potential audience by spending time on search engine optimization. Most people know what SEO is, but few know how to implement a solid strategy that gets the results you want. Blogging is about drawing attention to your posts. And one of the main factors in a winning strategy is to rank well in search engine results. It pays to check out a comprehensive SEO pricing guide. There is no faster way to learn how much you should spend to get results. In addition, it is important to keep in mind that cost and pricing models vary a lot depending on the size of your organization, your goals and the results you want.
Outsource your content
Unless you are a professional writer, don’t waste your time writing articles for your web pages, including the blog. For a reasonable price, it is possible to outsource at least 90 percent of this work to freelance writers. For the remaining 10%, plan to do between one and five pieces per week. The author can be you or a company member. Just be sure to edit and analyze each item carefully for accuracy, grammar, and spelling.
Vary content length
Nothing dulls a reader’s brain faster than a series of messages that are all exactly the same length. Some personal blogs fall into this trap, and if you read them, the monotony factor kicks in after about two posts. Keep your offers varied. Make a few very short, data-rich items, followed by longer, more in-depth items, remembering to mix up several 500-750 word posts every now and then.
Add infographics and photos to most posts
Readers respond well to written content accompanied by visuals. For blogs, this usually means infographics and photographs. Always be careful check copyright rules for all the relevant images and graphics you want to use. It is easy to locate free images on any of the major search engines.